Provisional programme for 2-day Technical Meeting - 15 & 16 June 2022 - London, UK & via Webcast
10 May 2022
We are very pleased to restart the organisation of face-to-face events with a 2-day Technical Meeting covering 'Management of fire & explosion risks during transportation' to be held on Wednesday 15th & Thursday 16th June 2022 in London, UK and via Webcast. Please find below some information on the event programme, which will be spread across both days. An evening drinks reception will be held at the end of Day 1 so as to provide delegates with an additional opportunity to catch-up and interact.
Separate registration pages have been created to allow for attendance in person or online. As such:
- To attend our 2-day event in person in London, UK, please register here;
- To attend our 2-day event online via live Webcast, please register here.
We are currently finalising the programme and schedule for this event (across both days), but we are pleased to confirm that the programme will comprise the presentations listed below (we expect the final programme to comprise 13 or 14 presentations).
Registration will open at 9.30am on Day 1, with presentations starting at 10am. The last presentation of Day 1 will conclude at 5.10pm and a drinks reception will follow. The schedule for Day 2 is currently being finalised, but we will likely also start at 9.30am and finish earlier than on Day 1.
- Challenges of transportation risk analysis
Robert Magraw - BakerRisk Europe
- H2Pipe JIP - Developing standards for safe and reliable transportation of hydrogen in offshore pipelines
Jan Fredrik Helgaker - DNV
- Hydrogen and ammonia hazards in marine transport
James Helliwell & Stephen Brown - Shell
- CFD based predictive tools for analysing fire and explosion hazards associated with the transportation of hydrogen
Jennifer Wen - University of Warwick
- Vehicle fires in the industrial gases industry - Occurrence, causes & prevention
Alastair Hutchinson - Linde
- Assessment of ISO tank loss of containment during transportation by road, rail and sea
Roger Stokes - BakerRisk Europe
- Experimental investigation of a road tanker rollover consequence mitigation technology - Experimental arrangement
Keith Armstrong & Mike Johnson - DNV
- Experimental investigation of a road tanker rollover consequence mitigation technology
Pol Hoorelbeke, Antoine Dutertre, Dirk Roosendans & Pierre Prod'Homme - TotalEnergies
- Modelling of response of LPG road transport tanks subjected to a fire
Benjamin Le Roux - INERIS
- Overview of HyTunnel-CS project and project outcomes
Dmitriy Makarov & Donatella Cirrone - Ulster University
- HyTunnel-CS large scale experimental programme on hydrogen releases and combustion in confined space
Didier Bouix - CEA
- Breakthrough self-venting fire & explosion safety technology for high-pressure hydrogen storage tank
Sergii Kashkarov - Ulster University
- Experimental investigation into the possibility and effects of BLEVEs and RPTs when handling liquefied hydrogen
Kees van Wingerden - Vysus Group
- SH2IFT - Large-scale experiments on impinging and semi-confined hydrogen jet fires
Ellen Synnøve Skilbred - RISE Fire Research
- FABIG Members: FREE for attendance in London, UK or via Webcast
- Non-Members: £450+VAT per person (for attendance in person in London, UK only)
Please note that only FABIG Members can register for the Live Webcast
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD):
Members of most engineering institutions can count FABIG events as CPD. Attendance certificates are automatically issued to delegates following the event.
INTERESTED IN PRESENTING AT A FUTURE EVENT?
We are always looking for interesting presentations for future events, so please drop me a line if you or your colleagues would like to put forward a presentation.
We look forward to seeing you at our forthcoming 2-day Technical Meeting.
Take care and stay safe,