Full-day Technical Meeting - Thursday 7th October 2021 - Now only held as an online event
29 September 2021
We would like to inform you that our full-day Technical Meeting covering 'Renewable Energies: What Do We Understand About Hydrogen Fire & Explosion Hazards?' to be held on Thursday 7th October 2021 will now only be held as an ONLINE event.
We were hoping to organise this Technical Meeting as a face-to-face event in London (with Webcast option), but we unfortunately had to convert it to a fully virtual event.
In addition, please note that we have slightly revised the schedule so that the event will now be held between 9:30am and 16:10 BST.
We will be running the event via Webex, so the process will be similar to that of our Lunchtime Webinars.
If you have not already done so, please click here for the full schedule and registration.
The following presentations will be given during this full-day online Technical Meeting:
- Estimation of explosion and fire frequencies for hydrogen systems - What do we know and what gaps do we need to close!
Ingar Fossan - Safetec
- Hydrogen fires and explosions in congested environments
Elena Vyazmina & Simon Jallais - Air Liquide, Jérôme Daubech & Jérôme Hebrard - INERIS and Laura Gastaldo - IRSN
- Assessment of traditional and new jet fire correlations applied to hydrogen, including comparisons with experimental data and CFD simulations
Jan Stene & Kjell Erik Rian - DNV
- Risk assessments for hydrogen systems: Knowledge gaps and strength of knowledge
Trygve Skjold - University of Bergen
- Hydrogen explosion risk - How to ensure and document safety
Olav Hansen - HyEX
- Outcomes of PRESLHY project on pre-normative research for the safe use of liquid hydrogen
Donatella Cirrone - Ulster University
- Reducing the risk from confined explosions: Synergy between Hazardous Area Classification and venting
Geirmund Vislie & Karina Almeida - Gexcon
- Hydrogen safety in maritime sector - Summary from the new 'Handbook for hydrogen-fuelled vessels'
Asmund Huser - DNV
- FABIG Members: Free
Please note that only FABIG Members can register for the Live Webcast.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD):
Members of most engineering institutions can count FABIG events as CPD. Attendance certificates are automatically issued to delegates.
INTERESTED IN PRESENTING AT A FUTURE EVENT?
We are always looking for interesting presentations for future events, so please drop me a line if you or your colleagues would like to put forward a presentation.
We look forward to seeing you at our forthcoming Technical Meeting.
Take care and stay safe,