Programme for forthcoming FABIG Webcast on 26 Mar 2020
22 March 2020
We are pleased to confirm that the forthcoming FABIG Webcast covering 'Fire & Explosion Hazards from Renewable Technology' is going ahead and will be a half-day event held on Thursday 26th March between 13.00 and 16.50 (UK time).
For the exact event schedule and registration, please go to the Events section of the website.
We are pleased to advise that the following presentations will be given:
- Battery Energy Storage Systems - The insurers’ view on the fire risk
Christofer Lindholm - Swiss Re
- Upcoming regulations for land-based Battery Energy Storage Systems
Rianne ‘t Hoen - DNV GL
- Li-Ion battery off-gassing - Exhaust back-pressure and temperature 1D modelling
John Evans - MMI Thornton Tomasetti
- Risk mitigation in battery rooms - Results from DNV GL’s maritime Joint Development Program
Asmund Huser - DNV GL
- Fire and explosion hazards in the biomass industries
Tony Ennis - Haztech Consultants
- Dust explosion hazards prevailing in biomass-fuelled power plants and their remedies
Kees van Wingerden - Gexcon
- Impact of photovoltaic power plants on far-field effects of unconfined vapour cloud explosions
Guillaume Lecocq - INERIS
Stay safe, and we hope that you enjoy the event!
The FABIG Team
NOTE ON CORONAVIRUS: In view of the Coronavirus situation continuing to worsen in Europe and the UK, with many countries in lockdown, all the speakers have confirmed that they intend to give their presentations remotely. We would also like to remind you that the ‘physical’ FABIG Technical Meetings that were originally planned in Aberdeen and London on 25 & 26 March have been cancelled.