Programme now finalised for forthcoming UK Technical Meeting, 25 & 26 Mar 2020 - Aberdeen, London & Webcast
02 March 2020
We are pleased to inform you that the programme for the Technical Meeting covering 'Fire & Explosion Hazards from Renewable Technology' is now finalised. This will be a half-day event taking place on Wednesday 25th March 2020 in Aberdeen and on Wednesday 26th March in London & via Webcast between 12.00 and 17.00 (UK time).
For the exact event schedule and registration, please go to the Events section of the website.
We are pleased to advise that the following presentations will be given:
- Battery Energy Storage Systems - The insurers’ view on the fire risk
Christofer Lindholm - Swiss Re
- Upcoming regulations for land-based Battery Energy Storage Systems
Rianne ‘t Hoen - DNV GL
- Li-Ion battery off-gassing - Exhaust back-pressure and temperature 1D modelling
John Evans & Paul Williamson - MMI Thornton Tomasetti
- Risk mitigation in battery rooms - Results from DNV GL’s maritime Joint Development Program
Asmund Huser - DNV GL
- Fire and explosion hazards in the biomass industries (London & Webcast only)
Tony Ennis - Haztech Consultants
- Dust explosion hazards prevailing in biomass-fuelled power plants and their remedies
Chris Coffey - Gexcon
- Impact of photovoltaic power plants on far-field effects of unconfined vapour cloud explosions
Guillaume Lecocq - INERIS
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
NOTE ON COVID-19: Based on the advice to date regarding COVID-19 in the UK, we would like to confirm that this event is going ahead as planned. The FABIG Team will however continue to review the situation as new information becomes available and this page will be updated if needed.