Register NOW for our Technical Meeting - Thursday 7th October 2021
10 September 2021
We are very pleased to inform you that we are planning to hold a face-to-face, full day Technical Meeting 'Renewable Energies: What Do We Understand About Hydrogen Fire & Explosion Hazards?' on Thursday 7th October 2021 (10:00-17:00 BST) in London, UK. As usual, FABIG Members who cannot attend in person will be able to follow the event via Webcast.
PLEASE REGISTER NOW IF YOU ARE ATTENDING IN PERSON:
As we understand that some organisations may have travel restrictions in place, we would like to accurately estimate the number of delegates planning to attend the event in person, within the next few days. We unfortunately may have to convert this Technical Meeting to a fully virtual event if registrations are too low.
As such, please register NOW if you are planning to attend the meeting in person.
- To attend the event in person, please register here;
- To attend the event online via Webcast, please register here.
The following presentations will be given during this full-day Technical Meeting:
- Modelling of explosion and fire frequency for hydrogen systems - What do we know and what gaps do we need to close!
Ingar Fossan - Safetec
- Hydrogen fires and explosions in congested environments
Elena Vyazmina & Simon Jallais - Air Liquide, Jérôme Daubech & Jérôme Hebrard - INERIS and Laura Gastaldo - IRSN
- Assessment of traditional and new jet fire correlations applied to hydrogen, including comparisons with experimental data and CFD simulations
Jan Stene - DNV
- Hydrogen explosion risk - How to ensure and document safety
Olav Hansen - HyEX
- Risk assessments for hydrogen systems: Knowledge gaps and strength of knowledge
Trygve Skjold - University of Bergen
- Outcomes of PRESLHY project on pre-normative research for the safe use of liquid hydrogen
Donatella Cirrone - Ulster University
- Hydrogen safety in maritime sector - Summary from the new 'Handbook for hydrogen-fuelled vessels'
Asmund Huser - DNV
- FABIG Members: Free for attending in person & Live Webcast
350 GBP (excl. VAT) per person for attending the London event
Please note that only FABIG Members can register for the Live Webcast.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES:
The safety of FABIG delegates is paramount, and we will be working with the meeting venue (Broadway House) to ensure that the meeting will proceed safely. An overview of the standard COVID-19 safety measures in place at Broadway House can be found here.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD):
Members of most engineering institutions can count FABIG events as CPD. Attendance certificates are automatically issued to delegates.
INTERESTED IN PRESENTING AT A FUTURE EVENT?
We are always looking for interesting presentations for future events, so please drop me a line if you or your colleagues would like to put forward a presentation.
We look forward to seeing you at our forthcoming Technical Meeting.
Take care and stay safe,