- This page only allows you to register for the face-to-face Technical Meeting. A Live Online Webcast will also be organised, and registration for the Webcast will open in a few weeks on 16th February 2023.
- Due to the limited number of available places, registration for the face-to-face Technical Meeting is restricted to FABIG Members until 15th February 2023. We will welcome registrations from non-Members from 16th February onwards.
- If you have mobility issues and are interested in attending the face-to-face Technical Meeting, please contact us before registering.
- We will arrange bus transport between Newcastle and DNV Spadeadam for delegates (hence the small registration fee for FABIG Members). Delegates are however responsible for booking their accommodation. The Crowne Plaza Hotel, where Day 1 of the event will be held, has allocated a number of rooms at a discounted rate (click this link to benefit from this offer).
We are holding a 2-day face-to-face Technical Meeting on 'Fire & Blast Challenges of the Energy Transition'. This will take place on Wednesday 19th (Newcasle-upon-Tyne, UK) & Thursday 20th April 2023 (DNV Spadeadam Test Site).
- Day 1 will be a full-day of technical presentations (9:20am to 5pm) held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Newcasle-upon-Tyne, UK followed by an evening drinks reception.
- Day 2 will also be a full-day event held at the DNV Spadeadam Test Site (7am to 5pm, including transport to and from Spadeadam) during which delegates will witness live fire & explosion demonstrations interspersed with technical presentations.
The programme will comprise the following presentations :
|Strength of knowledge in risk assessments: Hydrogen vs. conventional fuels|
Trygve Skjold - University of Bergen
|HSE design challenges on T.EN energy transition projects|
Jerome Hocquet - Technip Energies
|A taste of SAFEN - Driving mechanisms for leaks and ignited events in renewable industry technologies involving hydrogen, ammonia and CO2|
Ingar Fossan - Safetec
|Investigation of PFP to mitigate jet fires from a high-pressure hydrogen release|
Richard Holliday - PPG
|Challenges and successes in testing large-scale releases of Liquid H2|
Steven Betteridge - Shell
|Towards standardised compressed hydrogen containers through maritime QRAs|
Asmund Huser - DNV
|Hydrogen fuelled ships - Explosion modelling challenges|
Padmini Mellacheruvu - Lloyd’s Register
|Advances in fire safety research and analysis - Regulatory expectations and relevance to nuclear new build|
Jacob Plummer - Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR)
|Hazards and risks of 2nd life EV batteries|
Paul Christensen - Newcastle University
|Managing battery hazards in EV charging infrastructure and industrial assets|
Dirk Roosendans & Antoine Dutertre - TotalEnergies
|PFP to mitigate against LiBESS thermal propagation|
David Wickham - AkzoNobel
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming Technical Meeting.
Please note that you are required to log in to register for FABIG events. If you do not have an account on the FABIG Website, create one here.
Crowne Plaza Newcastle Hotel
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
This event is for FABIG members only.
FABIG members: £50.00
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We would like to remind you that members of most engineering institutions can count FABIG Technical Meetings as Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Attendance certificates are issued following our events.