Issue 077 of the FABIG Newsletter is now available
29 April 2020
We are pleased to inform you that the 77th edition of the FABIG Newsletter is now available on the FABIG website.
FABIG Members are able to download Issue 077 from the Technical Newsletters section of the website (once logged-in) whilst non-Members of FABIG are able to purchase it.
This issue comprises the following articles:
- Editorial: 'Explosion and fire hazards associated with fracking sites'
R.W. Brewerton - Inoventech and S. Medonos - Petrellus Engineering
- Review of the Technical Meeting which covered 'Review of Current Understanding of Large-scale Explosion Mechanisms'
G. Andrews1, M. Johnson2, G. Chamberlain3, E. Oran4, A. Pekalski5, S. Davis6, T. Skjold7,8, L. Mauri7, H. Hisken7, G. Atanga7,M. Lucas7, D. Muthusamy7, K. van Wingerden7, P. Quillatre9, A. Foissac9, V. Blanchetiere9, A. Dutertre10, T. Marteau10,D. Allason2, L. Jenney2, J. Hebrard11, D. Jamois11, E. Leprette11, G. Vannier12 - 1University of Leeds, 2DNV GL, 3Waverton Consultancy, 4Texas A&M University, 5Shell, 6Gexcon USA, 7Gexcon Norway, 8University of Bergen, 9GRTgaz, 10Total, 11Ineris, 12SCI
- Review of the Technical Meeting which covered 'New Developments in Fire & Gas Detection'
E. Sizeland1, J. McNay1, O. Heynes2, S. Kanno3, K. Nitta3, P. Uv4, J. Dalheim4, F. Aoun5, S. Bachir5, F. Jafarov6 - 1Micropack (Engineering), 2Insight Numerics, 3JGC Corporation, 4Lloyd’s Register, 5Chevron, 6Kuwait Oil Company
- Review of the Technical Meeting which covered 'Protection of Pressurised Systems against Fire and BLEVEs'
S. Medonos1, G.E. Scarponi2, I. Bradley3, G. Vannier4, D. Talbert5, J. Evans5, C. Milne6, M. Chalk7, A. Bond8 - 1Petrellus Engineering, 2University of Bologna, 3BAM, 4SCI, 5MMI Thornton Tomasetti, 6px Limited, 7Solent Composite Solutions (SCS), 8AEB Engineering
- The importance of Deflagration to Detonation Transition (DDT) in explaining Vapour Cloud Explosions (VCEs)
M. Johnson - DNV GL
- Managing explosion hazard from onshore fracking sites
R.W. Brewerton - Inoventech
- Managing fire hazards from shale hydrocarbons sites
S. Medonos - Petrellus Engineering
- Nuclear containment subjected to near field impact loading: A design safety project
T. Yarlagadda1, X. Huang2, T. Huang3, X. Zhuo3, Z. Li2, X. Huang1, A. Usmani1 - 1The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2Institute of Industry Technology Guangzhou & CAS, 3China Nuclear Power Engineering