MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
FABIG AIMS TO BE THE GLOBALLY RECOGNISED CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR THE SHARING OF TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICAL GUIDANCE ON FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARDS
We are committed to promoting the protection of life, property and the environment through the development and sharing of expert knowledge on fires and explosions in the design and operation of industrial facilities (offshore installations, onshore petrochemical and chemical facilities, etc.).
FABIG has a network of leading industry experts and researchers to keep abreast of current technical challenges and ongoing research. Technical information is disseminated to FABIG members via quarterly Technical Meetings and Newsletters. Technical Notes are published to provide practising engineers with detailed guidance on challenging fire and explosion design issues.
To fulfil our mission, we undertake the following activities:
- Collate and assimilate fire and explosion technical knowledge and research results from a wide range of sources.
- Disseminate technical information to our members via Technical Meetings and Newsletters to keep them updated on the latest research, technology and best practice.
- Develop specialist design guidance in the form of Technical Notes on challenging fire and explosion engineering topics.
- Provide our members with a forum for sharing technical knowledge through quarterly Technical Meetings and Newsletters.
- Identify current technical challenges through liaising with leading industry experts and researchers and through our network of members.