Scope of Activities
LARGE-SCALE INDUSTRIAL FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARDS
In the early days of FABIG’s formation, our activities focused on hydrocarbon fire and explosion issues on offshore installations. Over time, our scope has broadened to cover the design and operation of industrial facilities with potential fire and/or explosion hazards including offshore installations, onshore petrochemical and chemical facilities, etc.
Emerging topics such as hydrogen, design of floating production facilities, LNG, integrity management, life extension, carbon capture & storage and human factors have also been addressed by FABIG as they became of interest to our members.
Examples of technical topics covered by FABIG include:
- Fire and explosion hazard management
- Fire and explosion risk management
- Fire and explosion risks in renewable and other emerging energy technologies
- Fire and explosion risks associated with carbon capture
- Fire loading and response
- Explosion loading and response
- Fire and explosion mitigation systems
- Detailed fire and explosion design guidance
- Fire and explosion standards and regulations