PUBLICATIONS AND VIDEOS
HSE OTI 92 598
Current fire research: Experimental, theoretical, and predictive modelling resources
Work Package FL3
BFETS Phase 1
This report is a compilation of worldwide fire science and engineering activities.
The purpose is to provide means of identifying:
- Fire knowledge and research relevant to offshore safety;
- Potential resources for conducting any necessary further investigations.
Organisations and individuals approached were:
- Individual engineers and scientists known to be active in fire science and engineering;
- Organisations known to be active;
- Heads of Department of all relevant engineering, physics, chemistry and fire science departments in UK universities;
- Other individuals and organisations that came to our notice during the course of the project.
Information was requested on:
- Organisation name and address;
- Organisation type and size;
- Policy on collaborative research;
- Policy on open publication of research findings;
- Current research;
- Future capabilities;
- Research publications;
- Predictive tools in actual use.
The responses have not been edited.
Reference in combination with reports FL1 and FL2 is recommended.
The full report (in two volumes, split into three documents) is publicly available from the HSE Website at:
Online purchase options:
Non-Members of FABIG are able to purchase PDF copies of the reports.