PUBLICATIONS AND VIDEOS
Newsletter Issue 062
This FABIG Newsletter comprises the following:
- The Importance of Experimental Research in the Understanding of Gas Explosions
Mike Johnson - DNV GL
- Advances in Explosion Modelling
Kees van Wingerden - GexCon
- Experimental Research on Fire Loading and its Implications Today
Geoffrey Chamberlain - Waverton Consultancy
- Adoption of Risk Based Assessment Methods for Fires and Explosions in Design
Viken Chinien and Asmund Huser - DNV GL
- Advances in Structural Design against Fires & Explosions
Ramsay Fraser, Ali Sari and Matt Nordstrom - Atkins Oil & Gas
- Management of Fire and Explosion Hazards - An Operator's Perspective
Pol Hoorelbeke and Dirk Roosendans - TOTAL Refining & Chemicals
This is a special edition of the FABIG Newsletter to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Piper Alpha disaster by reflecting on the improvements that have been made in the understanding of hydrocarbon fires and explosions and the way we prevent, mitigate and design against these hazards.
The articles comprised in this Newsletter cover the topics of the FABIG presentations given at the Oil & Gas UK Piper 25 conference whose proceedings are freely available here.
Online purchase options:
Non-Members of FABIG are able to purchase PDF copies of the FABIG Newsletters.