Reminder: Proceedings of FABIG Webinars available from the 'Online Lectures & Webinars' sub-section of the Website
20 November 2020
PROCEEDINGS OF FABIG WEBINARS AVAILABLE FROM THE 'ONLINE LECTURES & WEBINARS' SUB-SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
We would like to remind you that all the Proceedings of the FABIG Webinars held to date (each comprising a video recording of the Webinar and a hand-out of the presentation) are available from the 'Online Lectures & Webinars' sub-section of the Website.
Please note that you will need to be logged in to the Website to access the Proceedings. If you have not created an individual account on the Website yet, please do so here (using your corporate contact details). FABIG Members can access all FABIG resources free-of-charge and Non-Members are now able to purchase these online.
As a reminder, the following FABIG Webinars have been held to date:
- FABIG Webinar 014: 'Recent enhancements in predicting subsea dispersion of gas from blowouts and pipeline failure' by Jan Erik Olsen from SINTEF, held on 11th November 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 013: 'Introduction to structural fire engineering' by Bassam Burgan from The Steel Construction Institute (SCI), held on 28th October 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 012: 'Accounting for geometry effects for VCE loads on buildings' by Mehmet Cem Ozbey from Thornton Tomasetti, held on 14th October 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 011: 'A look back on developments in fire modelling' by Bjørn Erling Vembe from DNV GL, held on 30th September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 010: 'On the modelling of gas explosions: A historical review' by Kees van Wingerden from Gexcon, held on 16th September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 009: 'Major hazards research since 1990: Fires' by Geoff Chamberlain from Waverton Consultancy, held on 2nd September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 008: 'Offshore major hazards research 1990-2000: Dispersion and explosions' by Mike Johnson from DNV GL, held on 29th July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 007: 'Major accidents in the oil & gas industry, follow-up research and lessons learnt' by Geoff Chamberlain from Waverton Consultancy, held on 15th July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 006: 'Predictions of loading and structural response in accidental blast events' by Hannes L. Gauch from Imperial College London & Baker Hughes, held on 1st July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 005: 'Risk assessments and standards leading to safety distances for hydrogen refuelling stations' by Asmund Huser from DNV GL, held on 17th June 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 004: 'Are unconfined hydrogen vapor cloud explosions credible?' by Kelly Thomas & Darren Malik from BakerRisk, held on 3rd June 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 003: 'Explosion relief and protection at hydrogen refuelling stations' by Robert Brewerton from Inoventech, held on 20th May 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 002: 'Hy4Heat - Consequence modelling for ignition of hydrogen leaks in the home' by Sam Greg from Arup, held on 5th May 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 001: 'Update on hydrogen research at Spadeadam' by Dan Allason from DNV GL, held on 23rd April 2020.
FABIG WEBINAR SERIES
We will be organising lunchtime webinars every two weeks whilst working life remains disrupted by measures to combat the COVID-19 epidemic. Such measures either prohibit or make inadvisable large meetings such as our Technical Meetings.
We are now looking for presentations covering topics relevant to the following themes:
- Robust Principles for Safe Design against Fires & Explosions based on Experience;
- Fire and Explosion Hazards from Low Carbon Energy Sources (we are also looking for presentations covering related incidents).
As such, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or one of your colleagues would like to give a relevant presentation.
Take care and stay safe,