Proceedings of recent FABIG Webinars now available from the 'Online Lectures & Webinars' sub-section of the Website
10 February 2021
PROCEEDINGS OF RECENT FABIG WEBINARS NOW AVAILABLE FROM THE 'ONLINE LECTURES & WEBINARS' SUB-SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
We are pleased to inform you that the Proceedings of the recent FABIG Webinars (each comprising a video recording of the Webinar and a hand-out of the presentation) are now available from the 'Online Lectures & Webinars' sub-section of the Website.
Please note that you will need to be logged in to the Website to access the Proceedings. If you have not created an individual account on the Website yet, please do so here (using your corporate contact details). FABIG Members can access all FABIG resources free-of-charge and Non-Members are now able to purchase these online.
The Proceedings of the following recent Webinars are now available:
- FABIG Webinar 018: 'The work of LASTFIRE - Ensuring a smooth transition to PFAS free firefighting foams through research and testing' by Niall Ramsden from LASTFIRE, held on 27th January 2021;
- FABIG Webinar 017: 'The benefits of blind benchmarking of Probabilistic Explosion Risk Analysis (ERA studies)' by Prankul Middha from Abercus, held on 13th January 2021;
- FABIG Webinar 016: 'RispEx - Simplified tool for explosion load decision support' by Linda Flottum, Aker Solutions and Jens Johansson Garstad, DNV GL, held on 9th December 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 015: 'Cost-effective design against explosions - CostFX JIP - Project presentation and future research' by Asmund Huser & Mike Johnson from DNV GL, held on 25th November 2020;
As a reminder, previously held Webinars included:
- FABIG Webinar 014: 'Recent enhancements in predicting subsea dispersion of gas from blowouts and pipeline failure' by Jan Erik Olsen from SINTEF, held on 11th November 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 013: 'Introduction to structural fire engineering' by Bassam Burgan from The Steel Construction Institute (SCI), held on 28th October 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 012: 'Accounting for geometry effects for VCE loads on buildings' by Mehmet Cem Ozbey from Thornton Tomasetti, held on 14th October 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 011: 'A look back on developments in fire modelling' by Bjørn Erling Vembe from DNV GL, held on 30th September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 010: 'On the modelling of gas explosions: A historical review' by Kees van Wingerden from Gexcon, held on 16th September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 009: 'Major hazards research since 1990: Fires' by Geoff Chamberlain from Waverton Consultancy, held on 2nd September 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 008: 'Offshore major hazards research 1990-2000: Dispersion and explosions' by Mike Johnson from DNV GL, held on 29th July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 007: 'Major accidents in the oil & gas industry, follow-up research and lessons learnt' by Geoff Chamberlain from Waverton Consultancy, held on 15th July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 006: 'Predictions of loading and structural response in accidental blast events' by Hannes L. Gauch from Imperial College London & Baker Hughes, held on 1st July 2020;
- FABIG Webinar 005: 'Risk assessments and standards leading to safety distances for hydrogen refuelling stations' by Asmund Huser from DNV GL, held on 17th June 2020;
FABIG WEBINAR SERIES
We will be organising lunchtime webinars every two weeks whilst working life remains disrupted by measures to combat the COVID-19 epidemic. Such measures either prohibit or make inadvisable large meetings such as our Technical Meetings.
We are now looking for presentations covering topics relevant to the following themes:
- Robust Principles for Safe Design against Fires & Explosions based on Experience;
- Fire and Explosion Hazards from Low Carbon Energy Sources (we are also looking for presentations covering related incidents).
As such, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you or one of your colleagues would like to give a relevant presentation.
Take care and stay safe,